Adding Reports without DataSet

Aug 10, 2011 at 11:10 PM

Hi,

I'm trying to use the tasks to upload SSRS reports that do not include a shared dataset, basing my msbuild script on the demo code. However, it appears that the <DataSetToDeploy> element is mandatory - I've tried supplying an empty tag, or omitting it all together, but the script then fails with a null reference exception or error: "The required attribute "Include" is empty or missing from the element <DataSetToDeploy>. " respectively.

How can I deploy a report without having to specify a DataSet? The SSRS project I'm doing this for does not contain any DataSets.

Thanks.

<!--Reports-->  

<ItemGroup>  

<ReportsToDeploy Include="$(MSBuildProjectDirectory)\SSRSMSBuildTaskDemoR2\*.rdl" />  

<DataSetToDeploy/>

</ItemGroup>

Coordinator
Aug 12, 2011 at 9:53 AM

Hi

To deploy a reporting project without any share dataset you will need to make the following changes to my example build script.

• Delete the element DataSetToDeploy
  • Delete the line CreateShareDataSet; within the FullDeployDependsOn element

This will stop the target, call CreateShareDataSet, from being executed. It this target which call a task that tries to upload all the dataset which are listed in the DateSetToDeploy.

I hope this helps and sorry for the delay in the reply.

Regards
Steve Wright

Aug 12, 2011 at 10:28 PM
Edited Aug 12, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Hi Steve, thanks for your reply, got it working now. I noticed the UploadResource target referred to in the  SSRSMSBuildTaskDemoR2_Native.msbuild file does not appear to exist.. I tried removing that line, and it seems to deploy ok.