AddResource - Reporting error UploadResource: The method or operation is not implemented.

Jul 13, 2011 at 8:15 PM
Edited Jul 13, 2011 at 8:19 PM

I have a working report deployment script that creates folders, datasources, adds reports, sets datasource, etc.

There are a few image files that the reports need to be uploaded. I thought I could use the 'AddResource' task for this, but no joy. Should I be able to use AddResource for adding the images (.jpg, .png, .gif) to the report folder?  I get the following error when executing AddResource:

Reporting error UploadResource: The method or operation is not implemented.

Here's a simple Target I'm using for testing...

<Target Name="AddResources" DependsOnTargets="GetServerUrl">
	<AddResource ReportServerURL="$(TargetServerUrl)" Folder="$(TargetReportFolder)" Files="c:\temp\CHSLogo.gif" />
</Target>

Best,

/jhd

Coordinator
Jul 19, 2011 at 11:36 AM

Hi

Yeah the AddReseource task is is for upload the images and any other resesource which the reports require.  There was a NotImplementedException exception left within the tasks, sorry for that , which I have now updated. 

Also I have a requirement that the mimetype is define as metadata for the resesources that need to be uploaded.  I would recommend that the following is used within your msbuild script:

<ItemGroup>
		<ImagesToDeploy Include="c:\temp\CHSLogo.gif">
			<MimeType>image/gif</MimeType>
		</ImagesToDeploy>
	</ItemGroup>

<Target Name="AddResources" DependsOnTargets="GetServerUrl">
		<AddResource ReportServerURL="$(TargetServerUrl)" Folder="$(TargetReportFolder)" Files="@(ImagesToDeploy)" />
	</Target>

Regards
Steve Wright

Jul 19, 2011 at 4:29 PM
Edited Jul 19, 2011 at 4:33 PM

Heya,

Thanks much. I'll grab the latest and give it a go. 

One other note... It would be good to update the properties example to include an example of a windowuser and password. I didn't think that was implemented until disassemble the library.

<!--The Include is the Name of the DataSet to create-->
<ReportDataSourceToDeploy Include="Core">
	<ConnectionString>Data Source=$(SQLServer);initial catalog=$(DataSourceDb);Integrated Security=True</ConnectionString>
	<Folder>$(TargetDataSourceFolder)</Folder>
	<Provider>SQL</Provider>
	<OverWrite>True</OverWrite>
	<WindowsUser>abc\someuser</WindowsUser>
	<WindowsUserPassword>somepassword</WindowsUserPassword>
</ReportDataSourceToDeploy>

Best,

/jhd

John H Dhom

Jul 19, 2011 at 4:49 PM

Confirmed, works great. Thanks again.

I also posted an answer to my question on stackoverflow to close the loop.

Best,

/jhd

John H Dhom